Job Title: Research Fellow (RF) [Focal Person Research]
Educations: PhD (in progress), International Relations-IR, School of Politics and International Relations (SPIR), Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU), Islamabad
MPhil, International Relations-IR, SPIR, QAU, Islamabad
MSc, Defence and Strategic Studies (DSS), QAU, Islamabad
Area of Research: International Relations (with particular emphasis on Foreign and Defence Policy of the United States of America (USA), Decision Making/Foreign Policy Models, Geopolitics, and Inter-state Relations (especially between Pakistan-US, US-India, India-China, and US-China).
Mr. Khalid H. Chandio has been working as Research Fellow (RF) at Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI) since December 2016. Previously, he had joined IPRI as Assistant Research Officer (ARO) and was then promoted as Research Officer (RO). Before joining IPRI, he worked in different capacities, i.e. Media Analyst and Junior Analyst in the Ministry of Defence (MoD), Pakistan, which gave him practical insight in the research and analysis. Khalid has over a decade experience in “Research and Analysis”, “Coordination”, and “Strategic Messaging & Outreach”.
He is a Near East South Asia-NESA ALUMNUS from Center for Strategic Studies, National Defense University (NDU), Washington, D.C., USA. He has extensively travelled and participated in roundtables/closed moots, conferences/seminars, workshops and dialogues/plenaries in the United Kingdom (UK), Italy, China, Turkey, Jordan, Oman and Morocco.
He has to his credit numerous published research papers, co-authored “Introduction” Book Chapters and book reviews. Khalid regularly contributes Op-eds/articles on current strategic issues in English dailies/online source of Pakistan/abroad.
Apart from research and analysis, he has a plenty of hands-on experience of editing/proof reading coupled with event coordination/management, i.e. holding national and international Seminar/Conferences/Dialogues/Workshops, conducting delegations, report writing, and preparing press releases. He had remained Assistant Editor of IPRI Journal (HEC recognized, refereed and internationally indexed Journal) and IPRI Fact-File. He remained Editor IPRI Web-site and IPRI Newsletter/Update, and also a Co-editor of IPRI Books.
He holds a certificate on “Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methodologies” in a workshop conducted by Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI), Islamabad. Khalid is an avid reader.
- “Post-COVID-19 World and Pakistan’s Response Strategy”, Journal of Current Affairs (JoCA) vol. IV, no. 1 & 2 (2020).
- “Appraisal of Pakistan’s Fight against Terrorism and Narrative Construct: Impediments and Way Forward”, Geopolitica Journal, Romania vol. XVII, no. 80 (3/2019).
- “Trump and South Asia: Politics of Pakistan-US Relations in Perspective”, Journal of Current Affairs (JoCA) vol. III, no. 1 (2018).
- “US Rebalancing Policy: Challenges and Opportunities for Pakistan”, Journal of Security and Strategic Analysis (JSSA) vol. III, no. 2 (Winter 2017).
- “Regional Fragility and India’s Offensive Posture: Options for Pakistan”, Journal of Current Affairs (JoCA) vol. 1, no. & 2 (November 2016).
- “Trust-deficit in Pak-US Relations”, IPRI Insight vol. 2, no. 1-2 (July 2014-February 2015).
- “Indo-Pak Strategic Balance: An Analysis”, IPRI Insight vol. 1, no. 2, 3 (November-2013-June 2014).
- “Indian Great Power Aspirations: An Analysis”, IPRI Journal vo. XIII, no. 2 (Summer 2013).
- “Water Security: Pakistan and Regional Perspective”, IPRI Journal vol. XII, no. 1 (Winter 2012).
- “Water Security: Challenges and Policy Responses” a co-authored working paper published/prepared by Regional Network of Strategic Studies Centers (RNSSC) – now Strategic Studies Network (SSN), Near East South Asia (NESA) Center for Strategic Studies, National Defense University (NDU), Washington, D.C., USA in November 2011.
He can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
He Tweets at @khALIdchandio