Job Title: Assistant Research Associate (ARA)
Educations: MPhil in International Relations – IR (NDU, Islamabad), BS Hons in International Relations – IR (Bahria University, Islamabad)
Area of Research: International Relations (with particular emphasis on European and American foreign policies and domestic affairs). Governance and Public Policy (emphasis on political economy)
Mr. Waleed Yawer has been working as an Assistant Research Associate at Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI) since July 2019. Before joining IPRI he served as a Research Associate and Assistant Editor at the Centre for Strategic Contemporary Research (CSCR). His fondness for research stems from his academic background in International Relations in his undergraduate and postgraduate degrees; during which he was part of various research oriented extra-curricular endeavors.
He has vast experience in organizing international and national conferences, including most notably IPRI’s flagship event, The Margalla Dialogue 2019. He contributes regularly for national dailies.
His current research projects include:
- Pakistan’s political economy
- The need for institutionalization of data for health emergencies
- The relevance of a single national curriculum
His research publications include
- “Evolution of the Welfare State: The Left-Right Divide”, published in Vol 1, Issue No.2 (2018) of the ‘Strategem’, Journal of the Centre for Strategic and Contemporary Research
- “Afghanistan Peace Process Outlook” published in Journal of Current Affairs (Vol.4, No. 1 & 2, 2020).
He can be reached at: email@example.com