Job Title: Research Associate (RA)
Educations: MPhil International Relations from School of Politics and International Relations (SPIR), Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan (Thesis: “Sino-India Competition in Asia Pacific: Balancing and Rebalancing Strategies). MA Defence and Diplomatic Studies (DDS) from Fatima Jinnah Women University (FJWU), Rawalpindi, Pakistan (Thesis: “India’s Quest for Security Council Membership: Ramifications for South Asia”). BSc (Botany, Zoology, Psychology) from University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Area of Research: International Relations & Lawfare (with focus on Asia Pacific and Pakistan-China Relations)
Ms. Rafi is currently serving as Research Associate at IPRI. Ms. Rafi has participated in the prestigious National Media Workshop-6 (September 2016) organised by the National Defence University in Pakistan; and the 10th Gansu International Fellowship Programme (June 2015) sponsored by Gansu Provincial Foreign Affairs Office, China. Ms. Rafi attended the Counter Terrorism Intelligence Training Programme (CTITP), held in Melbourne – May/June 2013, conducted by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade-DFAT, Australia.
1. “Pakistan-Bangladesh Relations,” Focus (March 2022), Institute of Regional Studies – IRS (study published periodically on a particular issue in one of the regional countries.
2. “Rise of Hindutva as a Creed: It’s Impact on India’s Politics and Society,” published in Regional Studies (39: 4, Winter 2021).
3. “A New Security Environment and India’s Evolving Asia-Pacific Strategy,” published in Journal of Current Affairs (Vol.4, Nos. 1 & 2, 2020)
4. “Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) and Regional Security,” published in Journal of Current Affairs (Vol.3, No. 1, October 2018)
5. “Media Strategy for Countering Daish Threat”, published in Journal of Current Affairs (Vol.1, Nos. 1 & 2, 2016)
6. “Southeast Asia: An Area of Cooperation or Competition for the US, China and India”, published in IPRI Insight (Vol. I, No. 4, 2015)
She can be reached at: email@example.com