IPRI Journals 14/10/2015
Dr. Rizwana Abbasi
How did Pakistan and India’s distinct nuclear strategies and postures guide them to formulate their doctrines and how far have the changing security dynamics and emerging doctrinal structures made the two countries more or less secure. Dr. Rizwana addresses these questions stating peace hangs in balance as possibility of war has not been precluded.
Dr. Tughral Yamin
Tughral Yamin examines the Pakistani motivations to pursue tactical nuclear weapons (TNCs) which the security establishment regards as guarantors against the growing existential threats as part of the concept of Full Spectrum Deterrence.
Abdul Basit considers a joint state-society response indispensable for creating an environment that helps people to resist the appeal of militant ideologies.
Dr. Manzoor Ahmad
India which helped conclude SAPTA and SAFTA has done little to meet the concerns of smaller regional countries particularly in the domain of their exports to India which it thwarts through protective measures making economic cooperation stagnate in the SAARC region. Dr Manzoor uses country-wise data to prove his point.
Dr. Zafar Khan
Dr. Zafar goes beyond the little literature we have on cyber issues to evaluate aspects related to this new science to find if cyber studies can form part of the broader domain of strategic studies.
- Rajiv Dogra, Where Borders Bleed: An Insider’s Account of Indo-Pak Relations
By Dr. Noor ul Haq
- Christopher Coker, The Improbable War China, The United States and the Continuing Logic of Great Power Conflict
By Muhammad Munir
- Joseph S. Nye Jr., Is the American Century Over?
By Air Commodore (R) Khalid Iqbal
- Mark Fitzpatrick, Overcoming Pakistan’s Nuclear Dangers
By Saman Zulfqar
- Carlotta Gall, The Wrong Enemy: America in Afghanistan 2001-2014
By Gulshan Bibi
- Sandra Walklate & Gabe Mythen, Contradictions of Terrorism: Security, Risk and Resilience
By Khalid Chandio
- Ekaterina Balabanova, The Media and Human Rights: The Cosmopolitan Promise
By Muhammad Nawaz Khan
- Glenn Greenwald, No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA and the Surveillance State
By Nousheen Ashraf
- Hasan Suroor, India`s Muslim Spring
By Fawad Haider
- Michael Weiss & Hassan Hassan, ISIS: Inside the Army of Terror By Suleman Yousaf